Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dinner Out

For Labor Day weekend we visited the grandparents in Rockwall and went out to eat Saturday night. We celebrated Bryce's 11th birthday (early) and my in-laws anniversary....I think their 58th anniversary.

We went to The Old Warsaw in Dallas and let me tell you...it was FABULOUS! Great atmosphere...great service and GREAT FOOD!! http://www.oldwarsaw.com/site/



Bryce had a filet with sauteed mushrooms and French fries. Dave had lamb chops with a medley of veggies and cheesy potatoes. Wayne, my FIL, had beef stroganoff (over rice and topped with lobster!). Joyce, my MIL, had salmon over fettucine. Ruby, Dave's aunt, had a filet stuffed with crab and lobster with mashed potatoes. After everyone discussing the four course menu being a great one to choose from I was the only one who ordered off of it! For a starter I had asparagus soup (very good!). Appetizer (instead of salad) was smoked salmon (love smoked salmon!). My entre was an organic chicken breast with porcini mushrooms, truffles and lobster (way so yummy!) And my dessert was a chocolate souffle (heaven!!). Dave and Wayne split cherries jubilee...they just love those flaming desserts. :-)

Anyway...it was a lot of fun and I highly recommend The Old Warsaw for fine French Dining.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment